This is one of my mom's recipes that Kory loves, but, in it's original form, I find way too salty. I can't help that I'm a pepper girl. Anyway, I change almost everything about it except the rice. I tried to use brown rice once, but it just doesn't absorb the liquid. OK, I'm going to try to remember my changes in full! Instead of dry onion soup mix I use Lars crispy onions (they are natural fried onions in a little clear tub with a blue label) and some garlic salt and pepper. I use the Health Valley cream of chicken soup, which is not condensed, so you need two cans. I pour one can over the rice and mix the other with Better Than Bouillon (this stuff dissolves and tastes so much better than cubes!). Instead of a cut-up chicken I use a shredded rotisserie chicken and only bake for one hour, covered with foil.


No comments:
Post a Comment