Thursday, January 20, 2011

Lasagna

 This is Kory's mom's lasagna recipe.  I will admit that I change it up quite a bit.  I use extra stewed tomatoes and 30 oz of tomato paste because Kory likes lots of sauce.  Instead of 3 c of cottage cheese, I use 2 c of ricotta and 2 c of cottage cheese, both full fat.  I also add a lot more seasoning--usually pizza sauce seasoning and italian herb blend from The Spice House.  I also usually bake them a little longer (close to an hour) in our Evanston oven, but I think the temp was off there and I haven't made this yet here seeing I've been dairy-free since we moved.  We usually divide the recipe into three bread pans, bake one, and freeze the other two.  Just thaw them 36-48 hours in the refrigerator and bake as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment