Thursday, March 31, 2011

pizza braid

I took this recipe from another blog I follow, For the Love of Cooking and the whole family was really happy!  I, unfortunately, couldn't find any better quality prepared pizza dough, so gave into the thin crust pizza dough in the pop can by Pilsbury, partially hydrogenated oils and all.  On half, I spread chicken italian sausage and quartered Applegate Farms pepperoni; the other half had a smaller amount of this mixture with sauteed mushrooms and onions as well.  I put the toppings down first, followed by the sauce (Enrico's all natural pizza sauce) and then shredded mozzarella.  I left out the pineapple.  Obviously, this could easily be done with any of your favorite pizza toppings.  After braiding, I sprinkled the top with Italian herb blend and parmesan cheese and only baked for about 20-25 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I think yours looks fantastic! I love the sprinkling of herbs and parmesan on top - great idea. Thanks for the shout out and link back to my site. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete